On Monday night, I attended a ‘Have Your Say’ meeting, where residents can raise issues that matter to them in their community with their local Police.
Last month’s priority:
- Walker’s Croft: residents had raised a petition highlighting the problems of parking at the junction with Broadway/St George’s Road particularly at school opening and closing times. Police are liaising with the Council and school to try to resolve the problems.
- Mosslands Field: off-road bikes are causing issues in the area. More frequent patrols are taking place, any information given by the public to address this or any other issue is appreciated.
This Month’s Figures:
- 203 calls in the West Wallasey area since 25 March
- 43 crime related incidents
- 19 Anti Social Behaviour Incidents:
There have been 13 arrests in the West Wallasey area since March 23, 2013, including:
- 2 x arrests for criminal damage at Harrison Park
- 1 x possession of a controlled substance, Prospect Vale
- 1 x drunk in charge of a motor vehicle, Studley Road
- 1 x damage to a motor vehicle, Southcroft Road
- 1 x theft of a shop, Morrison
These will be held at the Co op in Wallasey Village – where mobile phone security marking will also be available:
Friday, 17 May 2013 between 11am and 1pm
Friday, 24 May 2013 between 11am and 1pm
If you would like to attend the next meeting, it takes place on Thursday, 25 July at St Mary’s College starting at 7pm – come along and have your say about the issues that matter to you most in your community.
CRIMESTOPPERS: 0800 555 111 NON-URGENT: 101